ucfmissionheader_letterhead

The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults honored as a Best Nonprofits to Work for 2014 by The NonProfit Times

BALTIMORE, Maryland – April 2, 2014 – On Tuesday, April 1, 2014 the NonProfit Times released its national list of the Best Nonprofits to Work for 2014. The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults (UCF) placed 9th among all organizations that participated and 3rd among small nonprofits. This is the first year UCF has received this honor.

The Best Nonprofits program is one that is open to all nonprofits with 501(c)(3) status that have a facility with a minimum of 15 employees, in the United States. The assessment process was managed for The NonProfits Times by Best Companies Group (BCG) in Harrisburg, PA, an independent workplace research firm specializing in identifying and recognizing great places to work throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.  BCG utilized an 81-question survey to collect information about benefits, policies, practices and other information regarding the work environment, which comprised 25 percent of an organization’s overall evaluation. The other 75 percent of the evaluation was derived from a confidential 76-question employee Engagement & Satisfaction Survey. More than 10,000 employees working for the nominated organizations were surveyed.

When compared to other small nonprofits (15 – 49 employees), UCF ranked 3rd out of 18 small nonprofits that made the top 50 list. “While not having access to employee answers, UCF likely ranked at the top due to the collaborative and team oriented nature of our workforce,” said Rachel Wiederhold, UCF’s Director of Human Resources & Operations. “If you ever visit our office, you’ll notice what an open environment we have, which encourages our employees to work together towards achieving the UCF mission. We’ve also made it a priority to focus on employee professional development to ensure that we are providing the best support and experience to the individuals we serve – cancer patients/survivors and their loved ones, volunteers, supporters and the general public. We know the importance of providing value and a positive experience.”

“We are honored and proud to be recognized by The NonProfit Times as a Best Nonprofit to Work for 2014,” said Brock Yetso, UCF President & CEO. “Our team works hard each day to provide a community of support for young adults and their loved ones affected by cancer. It’s rewarding to know that the organization is also providing a great work environment for our passionate and dedicated staff.”

To read more about the results of The NonProfitTimes Best Nonprofits to Work for results, please visit their website at: http://www.thenonprofittimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/BestNonprofits-20141.pdf

About Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults:

The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults (UCF), founded in 1997, is the national leader in providing specialized support for young adults affected by cancer. With nearly 70,000 young adults diagnosed every year, our organization helps young people fight the disease and navigate treatment by providing access to information, support groups, and other specialized programs. UCF Patient Navigation Programs have set a national standard and can be accessed remotely or through onsite Patient Navigators at a growing number of hospitals in the Mid-Atlantic region. UCF changes lives by creating a community of support for young adults, and their loved ones, as they fight cancer and embrace survivorship. For more information, please visit, www.ulmancancerfund.org.

Media Contact Information:

Rachel Wiederhold
UCF Director, Human Resources & Operations
(410) 964-0202 x 107

# # #